How I Spent My Spring Break Staycation
Today, I clock back in at the office after a whole week off.
As much as I love my colleagues and enjoy my job, leaving Zach and the dogs at home is going to be extra hard this morning.
But the time spent together, in our own city and with our beloved dogs was pretty amazing.
Staycation 2013 highlights:
2. Warming ourselves by the fire of tree branches and twigs that fell down during Kansas City’s recent big, bad snowstorms.
3. Taking time to explore Red X, a big store in Riverside, Missouri, that is part hardware store, part grocery store, part liquor store and part purveyor of antiques and weird animal statues.
4. Having Zach’s sister and brothers over for dinner and taking an extra plate to our neighbor, who brought us a lovely bouquet of flowers to say thanks.
5. Challenging one another to consume the super hot sauce and dried pepper flakes that Bethany brought us from her trip to the Philippines.
6. Going to a movie – Oz the Great and Powerful – on a weeknight.
Have you ever stayed home for your vacation? What did you do?
Posted on March 18, 2013, in Dogs, Family, Food, Random Life, Travel, Wayward Living and tagged bloody molly drink, homemade household cleaners, Kansas City, Oz the Great and Powerful, Red X, staycation, Swagger. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.