Raising Money, Raising Glasses and Other Things I Did in Nebraska
I just spent four action-packed days in my home state.
I’ll be writing in more detail throughout the week about some of the things I experienced. For now, here’s a teaser.
10 Things I Did in Nebraska Last Weekend
1. Helped raise nearly $1,000 for my hometown animal shelter.
2. Drank local beer.
3. Drank some excellent, apple-y homebrew.
4. Drank cucumber lemonade.
5. Drank a taster portion of the most amazing carrot soup ever.
6. Watched a baby kitty being bottle fed.
7. Got a henna tattoo.
8. Handed out free beer biscuits to dogs at the farmers’ market.
9. Celebrated a six-year-old’s birthday.
10. Met a leopard gecko named Zark. (Check out my videos of him on Instagram.)
Come back tomorrow to learn which of these things happened at a restaurant named for a dog!
Posted on August 19, 2013, in Cats, Family, Food, Random Life, Travel and tagged Beatrice, Beatrice Humane Society, bottle feeding kitten, cucumber lemonade, homebrew, leopard gecko, Lincoln, Nebraska, Zipline Beer. Bookmark the permalink. 5 Comments.